The Cub Scout uniform has the following parts:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tigers, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tigers' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tigers; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.
<Hint: Buy big! Boys grow very fast!>
Webelos Scouts may choose to wear either the blue Webelos uniform based on the Cub Scout uniform or the tan uniform similar to the one that Boy Scouts wear.
- For the tan uniform, boys wear the official Boy Scout tan long- or short-sleeved shirt with blue shoulder loops. .
- With either uniform, all Webelos Scouts should wear the Webelos neckerchief (plaid with the Webelos emblem)
- Webelos neckerchief slide (handmade slides are also acceptable)
- Optional - Webelos cap, and Weblos belt buckle. Note that the Webelos belt buckle will only fit the blue cotton web belt)